Friday, December 10, 2010

Reminiscing




This picture really doesn't have a whole lot to do with
this post, but it made me laugh!  My college roommates...and Steve


I was fortunate enough to have some pretty incredible college experiences.  The good and the bad, I would like to think I had a well rounded 4 years at Emmanuel.  The other day my old college roommate and I were catching up on everything since it's been a while since we have seen each other and our old baseball times became a topic of interest. Rocky is probably the smartest guy I have ever met.  It was clear that out of all my friends there was a good chance he was going to be the most successful...and you know what the kid deserves it.  He is incredibly intelligent and logical, but what sets him a part is his work ethic.  His goal is to constantly be the hardest worker in whatever he's doing and that was evident when it came to baseball.  Unfortunately and fortunately, living with this kid did not allow me to miss any 6 am practices...which would have been nice here and there.

Championship!
 We played 3 years of baseball together at Emmanuel, the last probably being my favorite memory that I left this place with. "Wait, so this 4 ft 6in kid played college baseball?" Well, sort of...it was a start up program, I'm not Pedroia, I promise. The fall of my senior year, we ended up taking down the league championship, our first year in the league!  Just being selected to participate in this league was an honor in itself, as it was the first time the team really competed in its existence, but for it all to culminate into a trophy was pretty amazing and a great way to start your senior year.  This morning, I was going through some old pictures and found some that I'm going to post just because it makes me feel good to think back on how much fun those times were.  I was able to participate in a lot of things in and outside the Emmanuel College community but none will ever amount the fun, excitement, and hard work that occurred with this group of guys.
The Captains
This game was the closest I came to being thrown out of a game.
The Umpire seriously called this guy safe, be real now.





No comments:

Post a Comment