Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Another Great Weekend!


I can't remember enjoying my weekends like this since I was in college!  Friday happened to be my birthday, Alivia and my sister put together a little surprise birthday party for me.  Well, it was sort of a surprise, I have some...unintelligent...friends that are not really great readers and decided to call me the day before and apologize for not being able to make it. Well, my sister and brother did do a great job of tricking me and Kevin and Kristen both decided the day of that they could "no longer make it" to my birthday outing. Needless to say, they all made it and we had a great time.  Our Night began at the Black Rose down near Fanueil Hall. Alivia and I went there for dniner (which was excellent) and then Vedran was the next to show up.  Things began to escalate quickly as more people continued to show up...drinks were moving faster, the band began playing, and more friends kept showing up!  It really was an excellent night.  We went from the Black Rose to Sissy K's and that is where the evening commenced.  It was a great birthday...even though I was turning 26 I sure felt like I was still 21 for that night, but the morning after quickly reminded me that I was definitely not 21.  Recovery time is not what it once was.  

I also got to spend some time with the family on Sunday.  The parents came up and took Alivia and I out to lunch. I know I mentioned this last post but I really do appreciate the time I spend with my family more and more.  Even if it's only for an hour here and there it is really just nice to be around them.  Overall, it was a great weekend.

One other note from the weekend, it's officially winter.  Just in case people missed the memo, I figured it was my responsibility to pass that along.  It is now the season of over-sized jackets, hats, and gloves.  I feel like it happened over night, where it was still fall...chilly but now that wind chill is in full effect, not a huge fan but that means snow is coming and I do enjoy me some snow!

I love this city!
With that being said, it also means it is time for Christmas (and closing!).  I am so excited for winter break.  I get to spend a little bit of time at home, some time away from college students, and some time in VEGAS!!!!  This year is absolutely flying by and it's nice to be in a good mood again.  I find that the days that I am happy far outnumber the days that I am unhappy...and I'm pretty darn sure that this would not be the case if I was still at the school that shall not be named.


One last thing for all you sports fans out there.  Today's date is Tuesday, December 7th and I think it's important we talk about the New England Patriots.  They absolutely smoked the New York Jets last night.  I'm all for competitive football games, I'd rather watch a nail-biter than a blow out.  But you can bet the house that I watched that game in its entirety last night.  I loved every minute of that sch-lacking the Jets, Sanchez, and Ryan took last night.  It just made me happy inside, I don't care if that's lame.  You can say it's just sports, or just a football game, but I can tell you this...I slept better last night because we whooped some ass!

I have always liked Tom Brady but I'm pretty sure I've fallen in love with him this year.  He has taken his leadership abilities to new heights.  When he first started winning games he wasn't the key.  He managed games and let the strengths of the team take over.  Now, he is the leader.  He is the strength.  He has reached that Michael Jordan phase of his sport where by him being on the field he makes those around him better.  You can see it in the way he talks to the young guys after mistakes are made but also by the way he reacts when they are successful.

1 comment: