Monday, December 20, 2010

Dexter!

I usually have a tough time with television shows. I'm more of a movie person I guess. If I  don't really get sucked in or invested, I tend to give up after a couple of weeks.  Every once in a while however, I get wrapped up into something...something like Dexter.  In a little over a years span, I have managed to plow through 5 straight seasons of Dexter.  I love it, it's a little weird that my favorite show involves rooting for a serial killer who works for the Miami Police Department, but it has happened.
Henley!
 I'm sure (I hope) other people who love this show go through the same emotions...almost trying to relate or connect with Michael C. Hall's character.  I would like to think that no matter how we connect that our actions would not be the same...but the thought process that goes into his day to day life.   His problem solving methods might be a bit different but I think we are all faced with choices...choices that involve consequences. The decisions we make, large or small, shape the person we are...the person we want to become. 


I think why I resonate with this show is that it is just nice to see someone, even though he may be a serial killer, struggle with the same life decisions that we all go through on  daily basis.  Struggling to understand who he is...who he wants to be.  Balancing his own thoughts of himself with those of the people around him.  Trying to steady the roles of being a father, brother, being at his day job, and his night job...we can understand the frustration that goes on in his brain while trying to keep all those plates spinning! I don't think I really know what I'm getting at here except 1. If you don't watch Dexter you should and 2.  Who doesn't love a Henley right?




No comments:

Post a Comment